On Monday I made this Omlette for Amelia’s tea, it was her first time having an Omlette & it went down well, she ate about half of it. The texture was new to her, so I will make it again next week for her to get use to it. Did you know a baby/toddler needs to taste something at least 10 times to actually decide whether they like it or not. I ended up making another one for myself & my husband after as we love the flavours, I just added some cooked ham to ours.
This receipe has been taken from my Annabel Karmel Quick & Easy Toddler Recipes.
Perfect to serve from age 6 months onwards.
A knob of butter
1 tomato, deseeded and diced
1 medium egg
1 tbsp milk
1 tbsp parmesan, finely grated (try another hard cheese if you prefer)
2 tsp chopped basil (optional)
Preparation time: 4 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
1. Melt the butter in a small frying pan, then add the tomatoes and fry for one minute.
2. Mix the egg, milk, cheese and basil (if using) together in a small bowl.
3. Pour the mixture into the pan and swirl around to cover the base.
4. Once the omelette is set, which should take around 2 minutes, turn over and fry for a further 2 minutes.
5. Once cooked through flip the omelette onto a plate and slice into child-friendly pieces.
* When my mum was teaching me as a child how to cook an Omlette, she let me in on a secret. Instead of flipping your Omlette, place it under the grill,it will be really fluffy & light on top.
Enjoy T & A xxxx